Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ryan Seacrest

A lot of folks are making a big deal about how short Ryan Seacrest is.  Well, a few years ago I was watching Ryan Seacrest on the David Letterman show, and I started to freak out because it seemed like he was really evil and insecure.  Now I just think he's pretty insecure, but he appears to have grown into himself, as it were, and that makes me feel a little bit better about him.  In fact, I no longer think he is evil at all.  The movie American Dreamz has Hugh Grant playing a really evil sort of version of Ryan Seacrest.  Do not see that movie.  Unrelated.  The movie is terrible.

In any event, I'm glad that Ryan Seacrest is short.  It humanizes him, and it humanizes all the American Idol contestants because you can tell how tall they are in relation to him.  As a matter of fact, I now think they are all too humanized, and it makes me a little sad.

1 comment:

DJ Chinadog said...

It's too bad he isn't more secure with himself. He was honestly listed at 5'5" and it mysteriously increased to 5'8". He was a hero of sorts until then.